Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Your secret is safe with me: Eli Manning


Dear Eli Manning,

The first time I saw your Eli Manning is unstoppable commercial, I thought it was a skit for Saturday Night Live. I never knew you were so funny. I mean, it was a joke, right?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you doing a commercial that basically says "Eli Manning is unstoppable" is like a commercial that says "Peyton Manning is unmarketable", "The Cinncinatti Bengals are unarrestable" or "Glass Joe is unhittable". In other words, it's funny stuff.

The great thing for you and the Giants is, apparently, the Green Bay Packers (not to mention the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Dallas Cowboys) took the ad seriously.

Some people take a long time to get jokes. I bet it's hitting them now. They got knocked out of the playoffs-- no chance at the Super Bowl. Their season is over, and it's all a big joke. I bet they're giggling like crazy.

Anyway, as long as no one lets the New England Patriots in on the joke before the Super Bowl— the Giants will be champs!

Lucky for you I'm "unstoppable" at keeping secrets, and yours is safe with me.

Sincerely,

R. LeBaron

2 comments:

Kevin Hayward said...

Someday you'll be playing a word association game, someone will say the word "unstoppable," and "Eli Manning" will slide right out of your mouth. Just wait. :-)

Anonymous said...

damn!!! Giants won the SB... Priceless... :P Eat your words smarty pants ;)